July 9 - 20, 2018
MASCOT is offered through Ingham ISD Gifted and Talented programs, in partnership with Michigan State University. It is available to students who are currently in grade six or grade seven, who show academic potential for studying advanced mathematics.
MASCOT is a problem-centered program with emphasis on teacher preparation for creating rich learning environments.
Grade six topics:
- Learn to solve mathematics problems
- Develop their spatial visualization
- Develop number sense
- Explore intuitive algebra
Grade seven topics:
- Mathematical probability
- Graphing and statistics
- Introductory algebra
- Applied problem solving
- Integers and rational numbers
- Technology as a tool for learning mathematics
Tuition: $260 per student. Partial scholarships available.
Program details and registration
For more information: