Jump Into Foods and Fitnessis a fun fitness program designed to help 8 - 11-year-olds learn about growing up strong and healthy by eating a balanced diet from the five food groups and getting plenty of physical activity.
Kids will learn about:
- Pyramids for Health: You’ll learn about how you can use the MyActivity Pyramid and the MyPyramid for Kids to discover the best foods and fitness activities for you.
- Go the Distance With Grains: Learn about the foods of the grain group by doing activities like the “Great Grain Obstacle Course” and make your own jump rope so you can hop, skip and jump your way to fitness.
- High Five for Health: Did you know that there are five kinds of fruits and vegetables? These super foods provide you with vitamin A, vitamin C and fiber – things that keep you healthy and strong. Learn more about these important parts of your daily diet and about ways to build your fitness through activities like the “Fitness Scavenger Hunt.”
- Moooving & Motion: In “Muscle Mania,” explore the 12 muscle groups that are important to keep you moving and active. You’ll also learn about the foods that provide the vitamins and proteins that help build and repair these muscles.
- Power Up the Day: Learn how eating a nutritious breakfast gives you the energy you need to start your day right. Explore how morning fitness activities can give you even more power for your day!
- On the Go: When you’re on the go, snacks can provide the energy you need. You’ll learn about how you can create healthy snacks using the five food groups, and you discover “activity snacks” you can use to improve your fitness.
- Choices for Good Health: Learn to read the labels on foods so you can make your best nutrition choices. You’ll also design a game using your own fun movement activities.
- Celebrating JIFF: It’s a nutrition and fitness party! Celebrate what you’ve learned in JIFF by creating your own goals for future fitness and eating choices.
Program details and registration
For more information: