July 23 - 27, 2018
This camp is available to all youth ages 13 - 19.
Explore how Michigan’s abundant natural resources and growing agriculture industry are changing the face of energy and what it means to your family, Michigan, and the world! Campers will explore ideas, research, and opportunities in the field of energy as it relates to natural resources and agriculture. Youth will conduct their own experiments and create their own biofuel!
4-H Renewable Energy campers will stay in a campus dorm and experience campus life, enjoying a mix of recreational opportunities and learning experiences that may include:
- Tours of on-campus labs – See cutting-edge research centered on turning biomass into biofuel. Learn about brand new ideas and technologies that will play a significant role in our energy future.
- Kellogg Biological Station – Participate in hands-on research of a new biofuel crop and discuss water quality/quantity needs, greenhouse gas emissions and sustainable production practices.
- Carbon Green Bioenergy – Watch this facility turn 50,000 bushels of corn into 135,000 gallons of ethanol – every day. Participants will not only see how it’s done, but help them do it!
- Wind Farm – See an operating wind farm and learn how much energy they can generate and how wind can impact our future.
- Visit fun places around campus!
Program details and registration
For more information: