June 24 - 27, 2018
This program is available to college-bound high school students with a disability, between the ages of 16-18
As a student with a disability, considering college comes with a mix of excitement and uncertainty. RCPD invites you to join us for a unique on-campus, pre-college experience. Project Venture offers the chance to “try on” college life through an interactive experience here at Michigan State University (MSU).
At Project Venture you will:
- Talk directly with current MSU students with disabilities who have “been there” and understand the journey
- Consult with university disability specialists to gain skills for college
- Experience the latest assistive technology through breakout sessions
- Attend a college class, stay overnight, and connect with other high school students with disabilities
- Become aware of self-advocacy skills and resources for a successful transition to higher education
Participants will stay overnight in an accessible residence hall with a fellow student in the program. Participants will also have the assistance and supervision of an RA for the entire duration of the program. All meals (Thursday breakfast through Friday lunch) are included in the cost of the program.
The application system will close after 50 applications have been submitted. 20 participants will be accepted based on the quality of the submissions. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by May 1, 2018. Program Cost: $150.00. If this program cost presents financial hardship or prohibits your participation, please contact us for individual funding consideration.
Program details and registration
For more information: